Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statment

Photography has been so far a very good experience and taught me a lot of new different things that I would have never known. There is so many different things you can do to a photograph. In digital photography I have my very own portfolio that contains all the different projects I did. My most favorite has to be My scary alien because we did it around Halloween and it has to be creative and it looks scary. This picture really shows you Photoshop can do anything.
This class could help me out with getting a job maybe as a photographer. I have learned that I love taking pictures and being able to know exactly how to edit them if I need to. More things that come in my portfolio are like my portraits and social issues that really are more that a picture but a story. I have seen improvement on taking pictures like which angles would look best how far away or close up.
I have learned so many rules to just talking snap shot to actually taking a good photo. There things that you never really notice until you really see it and start working with improving these photos. I don’t have the best ideas right away I think I try to come up with my own and I try to be as creative as I can. When I cant think of anything is the most time I struggle in this class and it gets harder and harder if your not creative and open minded.
Although Photoshop helps a lot with these pictures, Photography can give you a hard time and you can struggle easily because there is so many steps to things and steps you have to follow and not get left behind. Also if you have ideas right away that helps a lot more. Most people that take this class seem pretty creative and apart from the photo being creative Photoshop cant be all you do, you want your pictures to look realistic.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Jessica, I have always enjoyed your ability to tap into your expressive side. I want to encourage you to now take the expression you have and work on pushing your creativity in ways to show it, along with your composition as well. Keep up the good work, your portfolio looks nice.